Study at Home or College at Home?
Study at home? Home school curriculum, homeschooling, teach your self, online degree programs, online colleges, online universities, online courses and now ... "college at home"?
The above are now the "think outside the box" solutions in the US for those looking for the most effective study-at-home program to finish their high school requirements or to get a college degree. There is a back door and a legitimate one. Yet it remains a secret for a reason.
We cannot reach our destination safely if we do not follow the rules of the road. Google maps tell us that there are many options to go from point A to B. Google Maps is like our GPS. It gives us driving directions if we want to avoid the highway, the toll and need a short cut. It can also show us the roadblocks.
In our case, our destination is a college degree. The driving directions to finish a college degree are laid out in the traditional route. The alternative route is still hazy. And, if you cannot reach your destination, then, there must be roadblocks that you have to bypass. To find out what are these roadblocks, click here.
Is the Study at Home alternative route for you?
For parents ...
You are on this site because you have started to look for options and alternatives in educating your child. You do not want your child to experience the student loan nightmare . You probably a burnt out homeschooling mom with several children with various learning needs and you need a more credible plan to follow. Are you a parent who is very much exasperated with public school?
The debt mentality had placed the US in an economic recession.
Your children need not get those massive student loans. You are offering your child a "silver platter" which they have to pay after graduating from this college. Offer your child the "humble plate" which will turn to a gold plate after graduation. You need not spend a fortune to get a college degree from an accredited US academic institution. How much are you willing to pay the university of your choice just because you are ignorant of the alternative route?
$25,000 or $50,000 or $150,000?
For High School Students...
You will be in a better place after this "study at home" program. You will learn to teach yourself. You will team up with your family instead of leaving them. You can start your career while pursuing a college degree. You won't have the same debt burden as your peers after you get your college degree. You will have a steady job while your peers are still in college. You will be ahead in the job market.
In order to be successful in this program, you must remove all of your distractions to learning - Facebooking, Internet Surfing, too much emailing, TV viewing, chatting and phone calls. It is time to be serious and focus on the road. You have a found an alternative route to get an accredited degree. It is legal. It is faster. It is smarter. It is cheaper. It is not a time waster. Read more in this site so you can avoid a dead end.
For returning adult students...
You could be one of those guys or gals returning to school after prioritizing work for the past years to make ends meet.
A Bachelor's degree opens many doors to an individual especially to a prospective employer. It tells the boss you are from a different caliber. His risks of hiring you gets lower. But, the boss wants work experience too.
With this study at home program, you have found the back door. You have both of what the employer wants: an accredited college degree and substantial work experience.
For foreign students...
You could be from another continent, aware of the resources available in the US. This site gives you a clearer path identifying the US universities and their academic journals and lectures that can help you be an expert in your field.
The Study at Home with Joy website has mapped it out for you. But, being a new road discovered by a few, every now and then, many offshoots come out of this alternative route.
The map is in this site. You are still the driver. We are on the same road on a different car. Join us. If you can find some loopholes, tell us. Sometimes, it can work both ways to make things harder or easier for all of us. If you just need directions, we would love to share it with you.
Really, it is possible to Study At Home with Joy!
- Study at Home Blog
- A candid look at the life of a homeschooling Mom trying to get her children to college without the student loan burden.
- Home Learning
- Home Learning and Our Story
- Study at Home Store
- Study at home deals on books and student resources.
- Study at Home Breaking News
- Study at Home news that breaks records are featured here. Brag, share your breaking news stories at your home study.
- Study at Home Basics
- Study At Home Basics: The Education Philosophy Behind the Success
- The Teach Yourself Method: A Change of Mind Set
- Why do you need to learn how to teach yourself to be successful in college?
- Teach Your Self: The 4 Rs
- The 3 Rs include reading, writing, and math. The joy factor involves the 4th R.
- Learn to Read
- Read the Classics if you want to increase reading levels and survive the academic world. The section introduces the autodidact way on how to learn to read.
- Math Help from Preschool to High School Using Self Study
- Need math help? Need one-on-one tutoring in math? You can self-study math.
- Essay Help
- Daily writing builds confidence in expressing a student's ideas and thought processes. A student is expected to write a good essay topic of his choice. The child starts from copying sentences.
- Study at Home Religion
- The Study at Home Religion covers not only Sacred Scriptures and Church Doctrines, but also the lives of the great women and men who decided to serve Christ.
- Preschool Ideas for Study at Home
- Preschool ideas that fosters home learning. Find free preschool activities, preschool math games and preschool online games in this section.
- SAT Prep
- SAT prep tips on PSAT, SAT vocabulary, SAT test preparations. Learn what's a good SAT score. Will you trade off your study time for SAT prep or earn college credits?
- Religion Study at Home Curriculum for 4th and 5th Grade
- Reading List for Religion curriculum suitable for ages 9-12 years old.
- Religion Study at Home Curriculum for Middle School
- This list down middle school religion study at home curriculum suitable for ages 13 to 14 years old.
- Preschool Online Games
- Preschool online games that your child can play and learn at the same time.
- Free Online Courses
- The free online college courses may not offer any college credits but the knowledge you get is like attending a college class. Earn college credits for these free online courses.
- Free College Courses
- These free college courses are available online through Open Course Ware (OCW). The OCW consortium includes many Ivy Leagues schools who believes in providing the world with high quality materials.
- College at Home Basics
- Describes most common roadblocks to obtaining your college degree at home.
- CLEP Exams
- Find out here the subjects that you can test out in college. This article is a goldmine on getting an overview of the CLEP exams.
- FTC Disclaimer Notice
- The Study at Home with Joy maintains this Web site as a service to the public.The author provides no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of furnished data.
- High School Graduation Ceremony Ideas
- Who says you cannot have fun as a homeschooler graduating from high school. This video blog shows the pre-graduation ceremonies, the Baccalaureate Mass, the Graduation Cermony, the Caeli.
- Alphabet Book
- Instead of teaching the alphabet letter names, let your preschooler learn the alphabet sounds first.
- All Year Round Homeschooling (including Summer)
- Are you ready to take advantage of the benefits of all year round homeschooling this summer? While other families are taking vacations, you can stay at home and learn. Be ahead. Remove the stress.
- Teaching a 4 year old to Read
- What curriculum did you buy to teach your 4 year old to read? Learning to read is something that can be difficult or easy for a preschooler depending on your approach to teaching reading.
- Teaching Cursive Handwriting First
- To teach cursive handwriting first before print is doable. My 21 year old son started to learn cursive handwriting in his Montessori school at age 5 years old. He used it as a tool to write faster.
- College Degree Planning
- In order to plan the college degree that you or your child intend to take, you must understand the basic components of a college degree in the US.
- Study at Home Sitemap
- Contents of Study at Home with Joy Website
- Free First Grade Curriculum for Reading
- All the books you need for 1st Grade need not be expensive. In fact, you get these first grade books for free online.
- How to Get College Credits in Algebra?
- If you are running out of ideas to get college credits in Algebra, try ACE approved courses given by various training centers who are members of the American Council on Education (ACE).